Let's paint a Nautilus shell together! Here is a 10 minute paint-with-me tutorial on how to recreate this classic shell. So grab your paints, escape the heat, turn on your favorite tunes and have fun!
7 Materials used in this tutorial:
1. Gouache paint (I still use both!):
- For beginners: HIMI Gouache Paint Set
- For advanced: Winsor & Newton Designers' Gouache Primary Color 6-Tube Paint Set
- For beginners: Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolor Paint Set
- For advanced: Winsor & Newton Professional Watercolor Paint Set
3. Watercolor paper: Arches Watercolor Pad - 140 lb. Cold Press
4. Favorite pencil: Kimberly 2B drawing pencil
5. Favorite eraser: Generals Tri Tip Eraser
6. Spotify playlist inspired by the Biltmore Estate (so soothing): Biltmore Estate Playlist
7. Flower paint palette (I use for gouache): Flower Palette Porcelain Paint Palette Tray
I hope you enjoyed this watercolor tutorial! If you paint the Nautilus Shell, I'd love to see your designs by tagging @litorestudio on Instagram or Facebook.
Drop a comment below about what you'd like me to paint next as a tutorial, or if these tutorials can improve in any way (this is my first one, so would love your feedback!!).
See you on the coast,